...On LinkedIn As a Prospecting Tool!
Financial advisors, insurance agents, loan officers and everything in between...
Prospecting with LinkedIn is easy when you know how to use the full range of tools available.
It's more important now more than ever to prospect online...
And well LinkedIn is the best place to do JUST that.
Ideally, you’re regularly connecting with people on LinkedIn, from new acquaintances to past clients and colleagues. The more people you connect with, the better chance you have of connecting with a prospect or getting more referrals.
This type of segmenting is particularly helpful if you serve a niche audience. For example, if you primarily serve doctors, you can search for graduates of popular medical schools or employees of local hospitals.
How To Leverage LinkedIn?
LinkedIn Sales Navigator
LinkedIn Sales Navigator leverages the network already on LinkedIn to your advantage by suggesting leads that fit specific criteria, including industry, seniority, location, among others. Through using keywords, you can connect with the decision-makers and influencers of your industry.
There is a 1 month free trial offered by LinkedIn!
LinkedIn’s publishing platform is an ideal space for financial advisors, insurance agents, loan officers to engage prospects and clients, create meaningful conversation, build strong relationships, and establish themselves as a thought leader and authority figure of their niche.
We’ve seen countless financial advisors, insurance agents, loan officers experience success through sharing their guidance and expertise on the platform.
Make sure you post your content organically. That means: do NOT post your content through a link that is from another website.
LinkedIn likes it when you organically post content and so your content has a better chance to reach the people you are publishing your content for.
One of the most productive tools available with LinkedIn marketing for financial advisors, insurance agents, loan officers is Groups.
Financial advisors, insurance agents, loan officers should join a few of the many groups featuring financial professionals and participate in a meaningful way while making new contacts, getting ideas for new content, and generating new business.
LinkedIn groups can be a great lead-generation tool because it’s easy to find groups that are discussing financial matters.
Building Your Profile
They say first impressions are everything, which is why creating a quality LinkedIn profile should be one of your top priorities.
Think of your profile as a way to concisely and effectively talk to your niche and market...
Telling your prospective clients what you do as soon as possible. Starting even from your headline.
You want your prospective clients to know that you offer solutions to exactly them so that they feel spoken to.
And those that are NOT your prospective clients... well... they'll know not to reach out to you! Therefore, less time spent qualifying.
Do NOT leave your profile ambiguous. Precise and direct.
Not only is it consistent in the way it provide you a way to meet new prospects but it is also inexpensive. 0$ in ad spend! Here are some numbers for you:
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead gen than Facebook (HubSpot 2019)
- LinkedIn Makes up 80.33% of ALL B2B lead gen on the internet vs Facebook only at 7%.
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers and 40 million are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn is the only Business social media network.
- 29% of adult Internet users in North America are on LinkedIn and 40% of LinkedIn users check their profile daily.
- LinkedIn has the most affluent demographics.
- 51% of users have a college degree and 76% are executives and decision makers.
- 41% of millionaires have a profile on LinkedIn and 44% of users earn more than $75,000 a year.
- LinkedIn has 2x faster active user growth than that of Facebook and Twitter.
Why LinkedIn is the Best Social Media Network for Financial Advisors
- It is the best place to find quality leads or high-net-worth clients.
- It is the best place to build your business brand and trust with your potential clients.
- It is the best place to build relationships and position yourself as an expert and to build your authority in your market place.
- It is the best place to look for and connect with B2B & B2C clients, JV partners, Centres of Influence and media.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have a specific question about leveraging LinkedIn.